Recipe by keen5
This is so good! Everyone loves it, that I've served it to. The secret ingredient is pears. Shhhh! I got this from Taste Of Home Magazine. Prep and cook times are approximate.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry and chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves in natural juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes, red peppers and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pears; let cool.
- In a blender, cover and puree in batches.
- Return to the pan.
- Stir in cayenne and black pepper.
- Cook until heated through.