Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish was inspired by Chef Miller's Red Pepper Dip recipe. The celery seeds give it a little taste of salt without adding any salt; thus making it low in sodium even though it is pretty rich in other areas. It the cream, Parmesan cheese and red peppers complement each other in a very nice way.
- 1 lb cooked and diced chicken
- 4 sweet red peppers
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil or 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 2 cups cream or 2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush red peppers with a small amount of olive oil, place in oven to roast.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and cook green onions and mushrooms until tender, add garlic and brown.
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese, and chicken; turn heat down to low on stove top.
- When peppers are tender, remove them from oven and take off stems and remove seeds.
- Then slice the peppers into strips and add peppers to sauce.
- When pasta is cooked, place into warm, shallow bowls and serve immediately.
This was beautiful!!! I made it for my mum as a suprise, and she loved it. Thank you!
Made this but left out chicken, needed a pasta dish to go with my Chicken Chasseur (byRecipezaar) Had that with Great sauteed vegetables (by Eric Walker) Awonderful meal.
Very good, I increased the garlic, used roasted red peppers from a jar (rinsed and sliced, then added to sauce). Used heavy whipping cream and although the sauce didn't thicken at all - it tasted wonderful. Used frozen, pre-cooked diced chicken meat as well. Left out the basil and parsley. Great leftovers too!