Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
This is a crowd pleaser! Toasted Baguette Slices topped with Cream Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers, Parmesan Cheese and a Lemon twist... Yum! I use jarred Roasted Red Peppers that are already seeded and peeled, but you can make your own. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 long baguette
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl; add the Cream Cheese, Chopped Green Onions, Minced Garlic, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Chopped Parsley and Salt. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of the Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Gently stir in the Diced Roasted Red Pepper (try not to “mash them”).
- Turn oven onto Broil.
- Cut Baguette into slices (slices should be about 2 centimeters thick).
- Place Bread slices onto a cookie sheet, drizzle Bread lightly with Olive Oil.
- Broil until Bread turns golden brown (watch carefully, this will burn easily!).
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and turn over the bread slices (they should be soft side up).
- Spread about 1 tbsp of the Cream Cheese mixture onto the soft side of the Bread Slices, repeat for each Bread slice.
- Sprinkle the remaining Shredded Parmesan Cheese over the Crostini.
- Broil until the Cheese mixture begins to bubble, being careful not to burn them.