Recipe by Dr. Jenny
From the May 2011 "Real Simple" magazine. DH and I made this quick and easy recipe for dinner tonight and thought it was a great weeknight meal. I used frozen ravioli, homemade from a local Italian bakery and used the Pecorino cheese. We did not need to use any of the reserved cooking water. Serving size says 4, but DH and I ate the whole batch ourselves.
- 453.59-510.29 g cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 summer squash, thinly sliced (zucchini and or or yellow squash, about 1 1/2 lbs)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml grated lemon zest
- 118.29 ml grated pecorino cheese, plus more for serving (2 oz, can use Parmesan)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the squash and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are just beginning to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and lemon zest and cook until the vegetables are tender and the cream is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the squash mixture, Pecorino, 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, and 1/2 tsp salt to the pasta and toss gently to coat (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry).
- Serve sprinkled with the chives and additional Pecorino.