1/1 Photo of Creamy Ravioli With Squash, Lemon and Chives
Dr. Jenny's Note:
From the May 2011 "Real Simple" magazine. DH and I made this quick and easy recipe for dinner tonight and thought it was a great weeknight meal. I used frozen ravioli, homemade from a local Italian bakery and used the Pecorino cheese. We did not need to use any of the reserved cooking water. Serving size says 4, but DH and I ate the whole batch ourselves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59-510.29 g cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 summer squash, thinly sliced (zucchini and or or yellow squash, about 1 1/2 lbs)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml grated lemon zest
- 118.29 ml grated pecorino cheese, plus more for serving (2 oz, can use Parmesan)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
- 1Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add the squash and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are just beginning to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add the cream and lemon zest and cook until the vegetables are tender and the cream is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add the squash mixture, Pecorino, 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, and 1/2 tsp salt to the pasta and toss gently to coat (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry).
- 6Serve sprinkled with the chives and additional Pecorino.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ravioli With Squash, Lemon and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: