Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious on spinach with a garnish of chopped roasted pecans. Try it on fruit salad too. Or......just eat it with a spoon!
- 10 ounces fresh raspberries or 10 ounces strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Puree berries in food processor or blender.
- Press puree through a fine sieve with the back of a wooden spoon.
- You need at least 3/4 cup of puree.
- Add vinegar and sugar to blender; blend until smooth.
- With blender running, slowly add oil, then slowly add half and half.
- Return berry puree to blender and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then shake well.
This was so tasty and is also very pretty. I served this over fresh fruit salad and it complimented the fruit very nicely. It is sweet, but not cloying. NOte: I used whole milk in place of the half-n-half and thought it was still rich and creamy.