Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing berry pie with intense flavor!! Perfect for your Easter table.
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- Dissolve jello powder in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cold water, chill until syrupy.
- Heat the raspberries and juice.
- Add the marshmallows,stir until they are melted.
- Chill until thick.
- Fold in 1/2 the Cool Whip and partially thickened jello.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill, top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle a few droplets of red food coloring.
- Swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Optional: You may substitute strawberries if you wish.
My pie didn't set up very well in the fridge, so I froze it. Delicious! I used a graham cracker crust.
Let me hurry and add my 5 stars to this wonerful pie; so fresh jwith intense rasberry flavor, not to sweet but elegant enough for company and it goes together so easy. I have to admit to using a frozen pie shell - I just have not mastered making pie crusts, but this would be even better (if that's possible) with a flaky home made crust. DH and DGSs loved this so much they wanted another piece at breakfast and then when the DGSs returned home they took what little was left home with them. I'll be making this often I can tell, specially when all my rasberries are ripe.
I made this for an Easter dinner dessert and it was a hit. Easy to make and has tons of flavor! Thanks for sharing :)