Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
These are so easy and delicious. That ranchero tomato soup is new to me because I only use tomato soup to cook with. I can't eat it because the acid in tomatoes makes blisters in my mouth sometimes. But this is great! You couldn't ask for a quicker throw-it-together meal, especially if somebody drops by and I usually keep all this stuff on hand anyway.
Top Review by TucKitty820
My husband LOVED this. It was really easy, especially because this was only my 2nd or 3rd time cooking EVER (I'm a newlywed :-D) I went with ground beef and instead of using 6" tortillas, I used 3 Burrito size tortillas. After I layed the 'burittos' in the baking dish and topped it with the sauce, I shoved tortilla chips under the edges and topped them with salsa and put LOTS of cheese on the whole thing. It just made a pretty presentation. Anyway, thanks for the GREAT recipe!! I didn't eat it (I'm extremely picky) but my husband can't wait to eat the leftovers!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's creamy ranchero tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked beef
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or a Mexican cheese...whatever you've got) or 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese (or a Mexican cheese...whatever you've got)
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 can soup, chicken and 1/3 cup cheese. Spoon the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
- Mix remaining soup and milk and pour over all. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F 20 minute or until hot.