Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so easy and delicious. That ranchero tomato soup is new to me because I only use tomato soup to cook with. I can't eat it because the acid in tomatoes makes blisters in my mouth sometimes. But this is great! You couldn't ask for a quicker throw-it-together meal, especially if somebody drops by and I usually keep all this stuff on hand anyway.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's creamy ranchero tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked beef
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or a Mexican cheese...whatever you've got) or 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese (or a Mexican cheese...whatever you've got)
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Mix 1/2 can soup, chicken and 1/3 cup cheese. Spoon the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
- Mix remaining soup and milk and pour over all. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F 20 minute or until hot.
My husband LOVED this. It was really easy, especially because this was only my 2nd or 3rd time cooking EVER (I'm a newlywed :-D) I went with ground beef and instead of using 6" tortillas, I used 3 Burrito size tortillas. After I layed the 'burittos' in the baking dish and topped it with the sauce, I shoved tortilla chips under the edges and topped them with salsa and put LOTS of cheese on the whole thing. It just made a pretty presentation. Anyway, thanks for the GREAT recipe!! I didn't eat it (I'm extremely picky) but my husband can't wait to eat the leftovers!