Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on Campbell's Kitchen website. Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and ranch salad dressing mix combine to make a perfectly seasoned sauce to serve over golden, juicy pork chops and rice. Ranch-Style Rice: Add remaining salad dressing mix to water when making rice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 5 ounces milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 dash paprika
- ranch-style rice
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chops and cook until browned.
- Add soup, milk and 1/2 pkg. salad dressing mix. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minute or until done. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with Ranch-Style Rice.
This is similar to my smothered simmered pork recipe. The only difference is I simmer it for 3-5 hours at 180-200 degrees. The pork comes out so tender even people who don't have teeth can eat it with no problems. It can be done in an electric skillet or in the oven. I also add a thin layer of sliced onions under the pork & then smother the pork with sliced onions then pour the soup & milk mixture on top. You don't have to add onions. You can also add mushrooms if you want. Instead of cream of mushroom soup I use cream of onion, but you can use any cream soup.
This is a great recipe. Easily done under 30 minutes. It was perfect for a work night. The taste was great with the mushroom soup. I let it cook maybe 5 minutes less. It depends on the thickness of the pork chops. Thanks Cookin' in Texas :) Made for bargain basement tag game