Recipe by Chef Scherezade
Quick-make cheesy-ranch Quesadillas with with added zing: Pineapples!
Top Review by PeachyLia
Nice flavors and a good way to use up the small amount of leftover chicken in my refrigerator...I love pineapple and ham pizza so why not chicken and pineapple? I did add some salsa inside the quesadilla but there still wasn't as much flavor as I was hoping for. Used some more as a dipping sauce and that satisfied me. Wish I would have been able to garnish with chopped cilantro, but mine has been a victim of the extremely hot summer temps.
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 4 tortillas, of any brand
- 2 cups chopped chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat frying pan with 1/4 cup olive oil, mixed with the pepper, salt, and onion powder.
- Thoroughly cook cubed chicken 7-8 minutes Add extra pinches of spices where you see fit.
- Meanwhile, prepare tortillas by adding a bed of sharp cheddar, followed by dollops of ranch in the center and around the edges. Add chopped pineapples to taste.
- When chicken is finished, add chicken to both tortilla set-ups. Then add more cheddar and and ranch (southwest ranch would be awesome here!) around the edges as a sealant. Place 3rd and 4th tortillas ontop to finish.
- Add quesadillas to same frying pan; do not clean off, taste from chicken cooking must remain. "Fry" on either side until cheese has melted. Cut into 4 squares and serve!