1/2 Photos of Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes (Make Ahead Option)
These potatoes are simply heavenly, start with 1/2 package of the ranch dressing and add in more at the end of mixing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium russet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix (start with 1/2 package adding in more to taste)
- milk (optional and as needed for extra creaminess, or use whipping cream) (optional)
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2To hot potatoes add in cubed butter, cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 package dry dressing mix; at low speed using an electric mixer beat until until the potatoes are semi chunky (low speed only to start as the potatoes are hot).
- 3Continue beating at HIGH speed until the potatoes are smooth and very fluffy.
- 4At this point do a taste-test if you desire a more stronger ranch flavor then add in more dry dressing mix until desired flavor is achieved, you may also add in milk or whipping cream for a more creamy taste (start with a small amount and add in more).
- 5TO MAKE AHEAD; spread the potato mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan and refrigerate up to 1 day, remove from fridge about 1 hour before baking, then set oven to 350°F and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes (Make Ahead Option)
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix