These potatoes are simply heavenly, start with 1/2 package of the ranch dressing and add in more at the end of mixing.
- 10 medium russet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix (start with 1/2 package adding in more to taste)
- milk (optional and as needed for extra creaminess, or use whipping cream) (optional)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- To hot potatoes add in cubed butter, cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 package dry dressing mix; at low speed using an electric mixer beat until until the potatoes are semi chunky (low speed only to start as the potatoes are hot).
- Continue beating at HIGH speed until the potatoes are smooth and very fluffy.
- At this point do a taste-test if you desire a more stronger ranch flavor then add in more dry dressing mix until desired flavor is achieved, you may also add in milk or whipping cream for a more creamy taste (start with a small amount and add in more).
- TO MAKE AHEAD; spread the potato mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan and refrigerate up to 1 day, remove from fridge about 1 hour before baking, then set oven to 350°F and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot.
Wonderful!! The mashed potatoes were so creamy and tasty. My 1 year old couldn't get enough. Thanks!
Very very good mashed potatoes. I only used about 4 tsps. of the Ranch seasoning and that was plenty for us. Left out the sour cream also because I didn't think it needed any thing else added. Halved the recipe also. Very rich and creamy. Thanks Kitz. Made for I Recommend. :)
Kitt, you've done it again!!! So yummy!!!! I think these potatoes will be the "regular" from now on! I love the that these can be made ahead -- thinking about my soon to be born twins THAT will be most important! lol! I also had a handful of grated cheese to use up so threw that in too... GREAT!!!