Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This really turned out great. It does get quite thick in the fridge. To use on salad I simply added a couple of spoonfuls to chopped romaine lettuce, and then tossed to coat the leaves evenly, much like a thick Caesar salad dressing. Because it gets so nice and thick, I think this would be a great dip for raw veggies, chips or pitas. For a creamier dressing, soak cashews in water for about an hour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw cashews
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk, not sweetened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dill (or 2 tsp fresh)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (or 1 Tbsp. fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cashews, soy milk, lemon, vinegar and olive oil until creamy and smooth.
- Be patient because this sometimes can take a while.
- Add remaining spices and blend until combined.
- Check salt and adjust as needed.
- This dressing will get thicker in the fridge.