Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this low fat version of my favorite dressing in Picture Perfect Weight Loss.
- 2 tablespoons 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, inced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the cottage cheese, Parmesan, buttermilk, lemon juice, water, shallot, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Seal the jar and shake well.
- Makes enough to coat about 6 cups of greens.
I love Ranch dressing, and this is my new favorite. I used fresh dill in place of the basil (just my own preference). This is so low-fat, lo-cal that I used half the recipe on a chef salad and still stayed in my menu plan for the day. No more store-bought diet Ranch for me! Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Shar!