Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Better Homes and Garden. This was a prize-tested $400 recipe winner.
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 3 cups dried medium noodles
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Cut bacon into narrow strips.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, discard all but 2 T drippings.
- In same skillet, cook chicken in reserved drippings until tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly.
- Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over the chicken in the skillet; stir well.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir in bacon.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Serve chicken with noodles, sprinkle with Parmesan.
We liked this a lot. But, I had to add quite a bit more milk than called for (maybe an additional 1/2 cup?) because it was so thick and gooey. Will make again. Served over rice instead of noodles -- YUM! Left out the bacon (didn't have any), and browned the chicken in olive oil instead.
I made this on 12/9/07,for mine and my SO's dinner.And "Oh Boy" was it it good :),I mean how can you go wrong with chicken AND bacon?I only made half of the recipe,and it worked out just great.Instead of serving over noodles I used rice.The next time I make this,and there will be a next time:)I will add the cheese.(I forgot it this time)Thanks for posting a very good recipe."Keep Smiling:)"
This was so good! My whole family loved it, even my picky eater. The only things I did different were to use Turkey bacon and 1 can of Fat Free evaporated milk and the rest Fat Free Milk. It turned out great! Next time I'm adding mushrooms and maybe artichoke hearts! Yum!