Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This tasty, nutritious soup is a meal in a bowl. Enjoy every spoonful.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 5 red potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1. In large saucepan or Dutch Oven, saute shallots in butter until tender.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients except half-and-half until well blended.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Stir in half-and-half and heat through.