Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a delicious and satisfying soup that is a snap to put together even on the busiest weekdays. The Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix easily adds another layer of flavor to the soup.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, place into a large stockpot. Add in the shallot, garlic and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, lower heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Using a large mesh strainer or slotted spoon, remove about half of the potatoes/shallots/garlic from the pot and place onto a large plate; set aside. Using an immersion blender, blend the contents of the pot until smooth. Add in the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix, continue to blend until fully combined.
- Place pot back over medium heat. Add in the cheese and stir until cheese has melted into soup. Add in the reserved potato mixture, the chicken, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until heated through, approximately 2 minutes.
Very good soup. We thought the ranch mix just put it over the top. Thanks for posting.
What a great thought, put ranch into the potato soup! It's Fabulous!
Delicious!! Love the Combination of Yummy Flavors :)