Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great low-carb baked chicken meal! I add fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme...) from the garden. Serve with a nice salad, fresh green beans and you won't even miss the carbs!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream (or half'n'half)
- 1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- mushroom (fresh sliced or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated, not shredded)
- Lay chicken in baking pan (just large enough so chicken covers pan; not too big!) Cover chicken with mushrooms.
- Mix sour cream, mayo, cream and dressing mix together.
- Pour over chicken, covering all pieces.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes (until chicken is done and top is golden).
This is really a delicious chicken dish. The only problem I had was the "sauce" was a little on the thin side, but I just added another 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese and it helped thicken it up. I took the chicken and mushrooms out and plated it then added some cooked whole wheat rotini to the sauce and made a really yummy "cheesy noodles" side dish. Thanks for this great recipe :)
VERY good! Made as directed, except forgot the cream (didn't need), and added garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Topped with lots of freshly grated parmesan. Used 2 very large and thick breasts (still partially frozen). Very nice zing to the dish! Both DH and I enjoyed it very much. Baked just 45 minutes -- started at 375 then decreased to 350 when I saw the cheese getting dark-ish. Served sauce over rice. Thanks so much Laura. This will be a staple in our home!
Easy but we weren't terribly impressed.