Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A yummy new way to serve broccoli.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cooked and drained
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cream cheese, milk and Ranch dressing mix in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Place broccoli in a 9 inch baking dish, add cream cheese mixture and stir.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and bake 25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
This was a very nice change in how we eat broccoli. The ranch flavor was subtle, I used 2 TBSP homemade ranch mix and nextime I wil probably bump that up to 3 TBSP. Used reduced fat cream cheese and skim milk, still tasted rich and creamy. Added 2 cups leftover roasted chicken before baking and served over pasta for a very nice meal. 15 month old son inhaled the chicken and broccoli, DH said its a make again. Thanks for posting!
This was sooo good! I did a few revsions. I used 2 lbs of frozen (defrosted) broccoli heads and I added some extra cheese and cubed chicken and served it for a one dish dinner. Hubby loved it and so did I. Thanks for sharing!
I wasn't sure about this one during my first couple bites - the sauce was rich and there was a lot of it. And then I was suddenly addicted... don't ask me what happened. Next time I will increase the broccoli to 1 and 1/4 pounds and I think this will be perfect. I may also try adding chopped red pepper or pimentos in the future for a little splash of color (perfect colors for Christmas). Oh, and the best way to cook the broccoli is to boil it in a small amount of water (in a steamer basket, if you have one) for 8 minutes. It will face additional cooking in the oven, so don't steam it any longer than that (unless you like mushy broccoli)... you may find you'd prefer to steam it even less.