Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Looking for a super easy and cheap, dinner that comes together quickly? This would be great for a busy weeknight meal that the whole family will love! This dish would be delish with a salad and some bread too :)—
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces frozen French-cut green beans (no need to thaw)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh grated carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) candrained mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in bite sized chunks
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (although any flavor would probably do well in this dish)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over med./high heat.
- Add the green beans, ginger, onion, garlic, carrots, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and cooked chicken to the pot and saute about 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft, and all the ingredients are hot.
- While this mixture is cooking, you can cook both packages of ramen and drain the noodles, **but save the seasoning packets, you will need them**.
- Also at this time you can put the cream cheese in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave for 50-60 seconds, enough to get it very soft and almost melty; add the 2 seasoning packets you saved, to the cream cheese and stir well.
- After cooking the chicken mixture for the 8-10 minutes, you will add the dry sherry and mix well.
- Now add the cream cheese mixture, and the chicken broth and mix well again.
- Add the basil, red pepper flakes, and celery salt, making sure everything is heated through, and then serve!
This was a really pleasant way of serving ramen noodles. The cream cheese sauce and added vegetables turned such a plain dish into a full and tasty meal. And it was a great way to use the left-over chicken breast that we had earlier this week. Made for Hidden Gems event Dec 2008.