Midwest Maven's Note:
Looking for a super easy and cheap, dinner that comes together quickly? This would be great for a busy weeknight meal that the whole family will love! This dish would be delish with a salad and some bread too :)—
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces frozen French-cut green beans (no need to thaw)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh grated carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can drained mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in bite sized chunks
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (although any flavor would probably do well in this dish)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1In a large pot heat the olive oil over med./high heat.
- 2Add the green beans, ginger, onion, garlic, carrots, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and cooked chicken to the pot and saute about 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft, and all the ingredients are hot.
- 3While this mixture is cooking, you can cook both packages of ramen and drain the noodles, **but save the seasoning packets, you will need them**.
- 4Also at this time you can put the cream cheese in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave for 50-60 seconds, enough to get it very soft and almost melty; add the 2 seasoning packets you saved, to the cream cheese and stir well.
- 5After cooking the chicken mixture for the 8-10 minutes, you will add the dry sherry and mix well.
- 6Now add the cream cheese mixture, and the chicken broth and mix well again.
- 7Add the basil, red pepper flakes, and celery salt, making sure everything is heated through, and then serve!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ramen Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.0
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 1242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: