Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really special friend shared this recipe with me several years ago. It was his trick for dressing up those inexpensive noodles for his kids, and I think it is very good. This is great on its own as a quick meal, but can be an easy side for many dishes. We prefer the chicken or beef flavored noodles for this.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, any flavor, with seasoning packet
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan.
- Add dried noodles and cook 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Drain away water. Return noodles to sauce pan.
- Add butter, milk and contents of seasoning packet.
- If your tastes desire, you may not use all of the seasoning packet.
- Heat on low heat and stir until butter is melted and noodles are coated with creamy sauce.
This is especially good to break up a slice of American cheese and melt it in giving the ramen a creamy cheese sauce!
I love ramen and this was a yummy new way to eat it. The only thing I changed was I boiled it like I normally do adding the entire seasoning packet halfway through cooking. Then when they were done I drained it and added the other ingredients. It was less salty this way. And I used a little less than a tablespoon butter.
what a quick and easy side dish! my husband, who doesn't like ramen soup, really liked it a lot. my 3 year old kept saying mommy more pasta more pasta! i used the chicken flavor, and i used unsalted butter. it was a little on the salty side, maybe next time i might use less of the seasoning packet. thanks for posting.
I love these noodles! Today I made this for dinner. I trippled the recipe, added 1 chicken breast shredded, 2 grated carrots, a handful of frozen peas, a little velveta, and a splash more milk, and it was great! So nice to have such a fast dinner to put together on days when the kids are keepimg me very busy! They both loved it, 5 years old, and almost 11 months.
Thanks again for posting!