Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The recipe for this great-tasting pie (somewhat tweaked after making it twice) was found in the March 2004 issue of Family Circle magazine. Preparation time does not include the time needed to make your own graham cracker pie crust.
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped (Medjool dates preferred)
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9-inch (store-bought or homemade, I make my own)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine raisins, dates, brandy & water, then microwave on HIGH for 1 minute to soften the raisins.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla extract, salt & nutmeg, & whisk together until smooth, before pouring the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F & bake another 30 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Remove from the oven & let the pie cool on a wire rack. Can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled.