1/1 Photo of Creamy Quinoa With Blueberries (Vegan)
From deliciousliving.com. Other fresh, frozen or dried fruit can replace the blueberries (raspberries, strawberries, dates, etc.) Don't have pecans on hand? Substitute almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts for example. Slightly adapted by me. Makes 2 hearty servings or 4 small servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa, well washed in a fine mesh strainer
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk (can substitute dairy milk or other non-dairy option)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (my addition but optional)
- 1Combine quinoa and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 12–15 minutes. I cooked the quinoa a solid 15 minutes then set aside for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and use the same pan to warm the coconut milk.
- 2In the same pan you cooked the quinoa, warm the coconut milk, cinnamon, cardamom and dash of salt. Remove from heat and if using, stir in the vanilla extract.
- 3Pour the coconut milk around the edges of the quinoa. Top with the blueberries (or other berry of choice), hemp seeds and toasted pecans.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Quinoa With Blueberries (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.8
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 87.9 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: