With this one, you really get to have your dessert and eat it too! Quinoa is extremely healthy: "Nutritionally, quinoa might be considered a supergrain--although it is not really a grain, but the seed of a leafy plant that's distantly related to spinach. Quinoa has excellent reserves of protein, and unlike other grains, is not missing the amino acid lysine, so the protein is more complete (a trait it shares with other "non-true" grains such as buckwheat and amaranth). The World Health Organization has rated the quality of protein in quinoa at least equivalent to that in milk. Quinoa offers more iron than other grains and contains high levels of potassium and riboflavin, as well as other B vitamins: B6, niacin, and thiamin. It is also a good source of magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese, and has some folate (folic acid)." (www.WholeHealthMD.com) Recipe from Eden Organics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups soymilk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon tahini sesame butter
- 2 tablespoons barley malt syrup or 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons kudzu or 2 tablespoons arrowroot, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, Freshly grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fruit or nuts, to serve
- 1Mix quinoa, soymilk and salt together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Add sesame butter and barley malt and mix well.
- 4Add kudzu or arrowroot and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- 5Add vanilla and spices.
- 6Top with your choice of nuts or fruit. Delicious warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Quinoa Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
barley malt syrup