Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Need a quick week-nite meal? Some days we don't eat until 8pm! And, yes, this recipe uses the dreaded canned cream soup, but the flavor is delicious and slightly spicy (and I am a BUSY gal!). I serve this over rice and sometimes add a fresh steamed veggie such as broccoli to round out the meal - enjoy!
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked,peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Cajun seasonings.
- Toss to coat& set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion& garlic in vegetable oil until tender.
- Add soup, milk, and paprika, and bring to a boil.
- Add seasoned shrimp and heat through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
I make this a little different. I saute the onion and garlic then add raw shrimp, cook till done and then add all the other ingredients but rice or pasta. Frist time I made it I was hesitant to add Cream of Chicken Soup with Shrimp, but it is very good, and so quick to make.
Made this for dh the other night and he absolutely loved it. (This coming from a picky eater.) The only thing I did differently was add another tblsp of cajun seasoning in step 4. It gave it a little more heat, but still not too much. Very flavorful and will definately be making this again.
This recipe was really good! It was so creamy and delicious. I had some leftover shrimp and didnt know what to do with it. I printed this reciped a few months ago and put it in my recipe book for safe keeping and it really came in handy. I followed the recipe exactly the only thing I would PROBABALY do different is let the shrimp marinate a little longer but it was still a great recipe thanks for sharing.