Recipe by WJKing
This recipe was shared with me by my friend Marilyn, who is an amazing cook! ENJOY!
Top Review by gailanng
A confession...my first thought towards my family was,"to heck with you all. I'm hording the last slice for myself." But that would be mean and greedy and embarrassing to admit to an entire cooking site full of strangers.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells (We like the Pillsbury unroll & bake variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 9-inch pastry shell and bake for approximately 10 minutes until the crust seals to the bottom of the pie plate.
- Cool completely.
- Beat the eggs and add all other ingredients.
- Pour into the cooled pie shell.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes until custard is set (will set further as it begins to cool).
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes to finish 'setting', and then serve.
- This quiche freezes well.
- NOTE: You can easily substitute ham & Swiss, do bacon, broccoli, cheddar, etc.
- The possibilities are endless!