Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The ultimate autumn treat! If you have never worked with phyllo, don't let it intimidate you--it's quite easy. And if you have used it before, you know how it's fabulous buttery flavor is sure to impress!
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed (18x14-inch rectangles)
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 12 chunks
- Preheat oven to 400°F For filling, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Place 2 sheets of phyllo on top of one another and brush top sheet with some of the butter. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying.).
- In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and 4 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle two generous tablespoons of cinnasugar mixture over the brushed phyllo. Cut the 2 layered sheets of phyllo lengthwise to create two long strips. Place a slice of cream cheese about 2 inches from end of dough strip. Spoon a well-rounded tablespoon of pumpkin mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- To shape, fold bottom edge of phyllo up and over the filling. Fold in sides and roll up to encase filling. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with any remaining cinnasugar.
- Bake 15 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.