This soup is a great way to kick off fall. It is good hot, but even better served chilled. We always have this on the first day of fall, Halloween (before trick or treating,) and on Thanksgiving before the "big" meal. There are lots of things you can substitute with if they aren't on hand
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces canned pumpkin (1 can)
- 15 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon curry (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan add all ingredients except the cream.
- 2Stir slowly over a medium heat until it comes to a slow boil.
- 3Reduce heat to a simmer, for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it is twice the size, and stir into the soup (you can also use 1 cup of plain yogurt, sour cream, or coconut milk.).
- 6Serve either hot or chilled - and enjoy!
- 7*If you like a little bit of heat: substitute the sage for ground cumin and add the curry.
- 8*You can use 2 T of OJ concentrate instead of juice.
- 9*Honey is a good substitute for the brown sugar.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pumpkin Soup - Fall Faves
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 432.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g