Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and easy pumpkin soup that's perfect for an Autumn lunch or dinner. The pumpkin seeds can be optional, though they do add a nice touch. Recipe from Sunset Favorite Recipes.
- In a 3-qt. pan over medium heat, melt butter, add onion and cook, stirring, until soft; stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Stir in pumpkin, ginger and nutmeg then gradually blend in broth.
- Bring soup to a simmer, then stir in milk and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Stir about 1/2 cup of the hot soup into eggs, then return egg mixture to pan.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through (do not boil).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into a soup tureen or individual mugs or bowls; garnish with parsley and pass seeds around to sprinkle over servings.