Hey Jude's Note:
This is a quick and easy pumpkin soup that's perfect for an Autumn lunch or dinner. The pumpkin seeds can be optional, though they do add a nice touch. Recipe from Sunset Favorite Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3-qt. pan over medium heat, melt butter, add onion and cook, stirring, until soft; stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- 2Stir in pumpkin, ginger and nutmeg then gradually blend in broth.
- 3Bring soup to a simmer, then stir in milk and reduce heat to low.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- 5Stir about 1/2 cup of the hot soup into eggs, then return egg mixture to pan.
- 6Cook, stirring, until heated through (do not boil).
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Ladle into a soup tureen or individual mugs or bowls; garnish with parsley and pass seeds around to sprinkle over servings.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 731.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g