Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Attended a birthday party and the hostess served this wonderful soup. I didn't leave the place without getting this wonderful recipe!
- 100 g smoked bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 150 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 300 g pumpkin or 300 g squash, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 (250 ml) heavy cream
- crouton, for garnish
- Saute bacon in pan till it renders its' own fat. Set aside.
- Add in onions in the same pot, saute till soft.
- Dump in potatoes and pumpkin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- I use a hand emulsion blender to puree the soup.
- Pour in cream then turn heat off immediately.
- Serve on individual bowls with crispy bacon and croutons on top.
Very very good! A great fall soup recipe-- thanks!
Love this soup although its too creamy for my taste, my kids loved it though. Great with crispy bacon on top!