Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This turned into a GREAT vegetable dish!
Make and share this Creamy Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In 1/2 stick butter sweat onions.
- When translucent, pour carrots and add the other 1/2 stick butter. Stir occasionally on medium heat for 1/2 hour.
- Put in celery for 5 minutes.
- Add water and pumpkin; bring to a simmer.
- Put in remaining spices except for salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat and add cream.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with sour cream and french fried onions.
- If you want it smoother, blend with a hand blender.