adapted from a recipe exchange - great, imaginative fall dinner. delicious served with roasted vegetables and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste, i liked mine with a kick!)
- 1/2-1 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 1To make the Pumpkin Cream Sauce: In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté onions until soft. Add garlic and let cook a few more minutes. Remove from heat. In a blender, puree the onion mixture, pumpkin, tomato paste, milk, nutmeg, and cayenne until smooth.
- 2Pour into a pot and heat. Add generous amounts of salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan until melted.
- 3Meanwhile, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- 4To assemble the pasta: Toss hot pasta with Pumpkin Cream Sauce (there might be extra sauce), toasted pecans and fresh sage. Dig in!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pumpkin Penne With Sage and Toasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 352.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g