1/4 Photos of Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
A delicious recipe for pumpkin that's not a dessert! I usually make my own pumpkin puree in the blender with a little water. This dish is mild and warming; my kids like it because it looks like mac and cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken broth, made from bouillon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter, over medium heat, until soft, not brown.
- 2Whisk in the pumpkin, broth, creams and seasonings to taste.
- 3Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- 5Drain pasta and stir into pumpkin, simmering 2-3 minutes more until thick.
- 6Stir in parsley and garnish with romano, more parsley and pumpkin seeds if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 1103.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g