Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, elegant and you'd never guess there's tofu in there unless you're the cook! This recipe is kid friendly and makes a great protein packed breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert.
- 1 package silken tofu
- 226.79 g cream cheese (vegan alternative - soy cream cheese)
- 177.44 ml milk (vegan alt - soy milk)
- 425.24 g canned pumpkin
- 118.29-236.59 ml brown sugar (use up to 1 cup to taste)
- 7.39 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 473.18 ml granola cereal
- Puree all ingredients, except granola, in a blender.
- Put 1 tablespoon of granola in the bottom of each of 8 parfait cups or pretty glasses.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture among the glasses, over the granola.
- Garnish with another tablespoon of granola in each cup.
- Chill for 20 minutes and serve.
- NOTE: if you are not planning on serving the parfaits right away, do not assemble them.
- Keep the pumpkin mixture in a bowl in the fridge until you are ready to serve and then assemble with the granola.
- There is no need to chill the parfaits if you assemble them this way since the pumpkin will already have chilled.
I'm sorry but this didn't work for me. I made it vegan, used firm silken tofu and reduced the soy milk to 1/2 cup but it was too thin even after chilling and didn't have enough pumpkin flavor for me. I ended up adding another can of pumpkin, another 1/2 cup brown sugar and more spices before I got the flavor and texture I wanted. Now it tastes like pumpkin. chefly