Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks like an interesting change from the usual holiday egg nog. I plan to try it out this Thanksgiving. from the Herb Companion.
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 pasteurized liquid egg-whites or 2 egg substitute
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Put milk, yogurt, cream and eggs into a blender or mixer and blend/beat until frothy.
- Stir in pumpkin, honey, sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Blend in the spices.
- Pour the eggnog into glasses and sprinkle with nutmeg.
I made this with low fat and fat free ingredients to make it healthier and it turned out really well. My friends loved it! I added bourbon to taste.
This is a much runnier drink than I think egg nog should be. The thick custardy style is what I like best about egg nog generally, but this drink is kind of watery by comparison. It has a slightly sour taste from the yogurt, I believe, and the spices make it gritty. All in all, it has an uncooked taste: watery, gritty, and slightly sour.
My friends and I enjoyed this drink. It wasn't as eggy or thick as egg nog, but it was still pretty good. I didn't add as much sugar and it still turned out really good.