Creamy Pumpkin Kheer With Cashew Nuts
- cut pumpkin into wedges, peel, and seed. finely grate pumpkin flesh until you have 2 Celsius wrap and refrigerate any extra for another use.
- using steamer insert over boiling water, steam grated pumpkin till soft, about 10 minute set aside.
- bring milk to boil in large saucepan. keep at a low boil until milk thickens a little, about 10 minute make paste of rice flour and water, & stir it into the thickened milk. add sugar and stir to dissolve. (add sugar to taste here.).
- using side of knife, smash cardamom pods so that peels loosen. with fingers, pry out seeds and use mortar and pestle to grind them to fine powder.
- add pumpkin, cashews, and cardamom to milk and simmer an additional 5 min so flavors meld. stire in nutmeg and remove from heat. serve hot or cold.