Recipe by the80srule
Seeing the popularity of Mayan Hot Chocolate, I decided to make up my own vegan hot chocolate recipe-- a perfect fall or winter drink! It has just the perfect consistency and warming flavor without being too sweet. Feel free to add a little sugar if you think it needs it. Soymilk might do fine for this recipe too but vanilla ricemilk is what I had on hand.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Yum. I did change just about everything but kept the same idea and similar ingredients so I will give your recipe the credit as I can imagine it tastes similarly good following the ingredients listed. First I used homemade almond milk, left over slightly sweetened butternut squash cubes, carob powder in a bit higher amount as I don't eat cocoa. I used a couple dashes cinnamon, ginger and a little allspice for the pumpkin spice (I don't do nutmeg because of it's intoxicant properties). I blended it in my blender then heated.
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored rice milk (approx)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 dashes pumpkin pie spice (a few shakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- STOVETOP: Whisk all the ingredients together and heat gently.
- MICROWAVE: Put the pumpkin, cocoa powder, and spice in the bottom of the standard size mug first, mix together well. Pour on the vanilla ricemilk on until almost full then mix together, nuke it until hot. (Double recipe if using an extra tall or wide mug.).