Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A savory way to get your pumpkin puree fix from Woman's Day magazine
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- fresh ground black pepper
- Over low heat, bring just to a simmer pumpkin, cream, 1/2 cup cheese and nutmeg.
- Add butter to fettuccine tossing until butter melts.
- Mix in pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Grind pepper on top.
Sorry, but this dish was far too heavy, and the cheese really overpowered the pumpkin flavour, which I was really looking forward to enjoying. I think I'm going to try playing with the balance of ingredients, using less cheese. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll go with light instead of heavy cream.