Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different spin on creamy pasta. Found it on the back of a packet of pasta. Yum! Sometimes i add a few baby spinach leaves before serving, to add a bit more colour.
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup light cream
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 400 g fettuccine pasta or 400 g other pastas
- pepper, season
- nutmeg, season to taste
- Cook fettucine according to the directions, drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, sautee onion and garlic with butter in a pan until the onion is soft.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock and the diced pumpkin. Cook this until tender.
- Season with nutmeg and pepper, then stir in the cream.
- Blend this mixture in a food processor until smooth. Return to the pan and stir through the pasta.