Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another pumpkin pie
- 1 cup dark corn syrup (Karo preferred)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (your own recipe or storebought)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix first nine ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell with high fluted edge.
- Bake in oven 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
i love your recipes, tonkcats... and i also happen to love tonks! i have two tonkinese cats myself who just love to hang around the kitchen when i bake:-) this pie is a winner, i added extra ginger and some allspice as well as half the corn syrup replaced with honey, and used store bought graham crusts~ with the graham crust i did have to take it out at about 45 mins so as not to burn the graham, but the consistency was still perfect! and just DEEEEEEElicious! Wonderful for Thanksgiving or any old time! Thanks again for sharing your sweet treats- all the best!