Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine. It is the perfect fall tummy warmer! Why pay $5.00 for a Pumpkin Latte when you can make it for pennies? I would love to experiment and see if I can make the mix in larger quantities to store in the refrigerator!
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup hot coffee or 1⁄2 cup espresso
- Combine the milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in a blender on high speed, creating a frothy consistency. Pour into a saucepan and heat until just hot but not boiling.
- Pour hot coffee into mug and top with hot spiced milk.
I heard that two cups of coffee during pregnancy is ideal. I am pregnant and I was really searching for some variety in coffee, I have tried only Nestle's Greek Frappe. Now this creamy pumpkin coffee is a variety. I made it with milkmaid instead of milk. Trust me, that was awesome!!!
Just plain yummy :) I used soy milk, and it tasted sooo good! Will make it again! Thanks for sharing.<br/>Made for PAV Spring 2014
This was a great treat for my mid-morning coffee. Tastes just like S******k's and a lot cheaper. If we ever get some warmer weather around here, I am going to try it as a frappe. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.