Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is a recipe from my Tastes of Home Quick Cooking book of 2006. It originally calls for a jar of alfredo sauce, but I am not a fan so I used Lower Fat Alfredo Sauce (Lower Fat Alfredo Sauce) and changed the servings to 3 to get a perfect amount. The pasta is wonderful and through my searches on zaar I haven't found one just like it. It is even better paired along with a glass of red wine!
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
This recipe was delicious. Due to time constraints, I did not use the "Lower Fat Alfredo Sauce" as recommended but substituted a jar of Bertolli brand alfredo sauce. Very nice! Thank you for a tasty recipe!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fettuccine or 1 (9 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 cups alfredo sauce (as mentioned in description at top)
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make alfredo sauce according to Recipe #260818 (Lower Fat Alfredo Sauce).
- Cook pasta according to package directions to aldente.
- In large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Fry up prosciutto for a couple of minutes until just barely starting to crisp a little.
- Add prosciutto and vegetables to the sauce, as well as the drained pasta. Toss to coat.