tomoko matsunaga's Note:
From cook book "The Food of the World"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g tiger shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick (5 cm piece)
- 4 cloves
- 7 cardamom pods
- 5 indian bay leaves
- 2 cm gingerroot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 50 g creamed coconut, mixed with
- 2/3 cup water or 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- 2Put them in a bowl, add the lemon juice, then toss together and leave the for 10 minutes.
- 3Rinse the prawns under running cold water and pad dry with paper towels.
- 4Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry the onion until lightly browned.
- 5Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cloves cardamom, bay leaves, ginger and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- 6Add the chili powder, creamed coconut or coconut milk, and salt, to taste, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the prawns, return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through and the sauce is thick.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Prawn Curry
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: