tomoko matsunaga's Note:
From cook book "The Food of the World"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g tiger shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick (5 cm piece)
- 4 cloves
- 7 cardamom pods
- 5 indian bay leaves
- 2 cm gingerroot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 50 g creamed coconut, mixed with
- 2/3 cup water or 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- 2Put them in a bowl, add the lemon juice, then toss together and leave the for 10 minutes.
- 3Rinse the prawns under running cold water and pad dry with paper towels.
- 4Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry the onion until lightly browned.
- 5Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cloves cardamom, bay leaves, ginger and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- 6Add the chili powder, creamed coconut or coconut milk, and salt, to taste, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the prawns, return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through and the sauce is thick.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Prawn Curry
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: