Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy praline recipe as well; just a different mix of ingredients. I find they are just as tasty; it depends on what you have on hand at the time.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup light Karo syrup (corn)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large sauce pan bring sugar and all liquid ingredients to 210 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Add baking soda and pecans.
- Stir constantly, bringing up to 230 degrees (firm ball stage) of a second boil.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and mix until it thickens and loses shiny gloss.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper to cool.
- If mixture becomes too hard, loosen with a teaspoon of hot water.
- May be frozen or kept in airtight container.