Recipe by MsKittyKat
Here is a creamy and easy way to fix potatoes.
Top Review by Sackville
This tasted wonderful but I'm not sure about the process. I think 25 minutes is far too long to cook the potatoes if you want them to hold their shape, as the recipe suggests. By the time I evaporated the water they'd turned to mush and I hardly stirred them at all. Also, it took at least 15 minutes to evaporate the water. I think next time I'd boil them covered for no more than 10 minutes and then take off the cover. The end result had a great taste though, just a texture more like mashed potatoes, which I wasn't expecting from the directions.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 white boiling onions, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled,cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and 2 cups water; bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until almost all water evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Stir gently to blend, being careful not to break up potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 2 hours ahead- Let stand at room temperature and rewarm over low heat before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley.