Prep 12 mins
Cook 55 mins
Hearty potato side dish that goes well with any meat. Very popular here!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 lb process American cheese, cubed
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled,cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Mix flour and salt; slowly whisk in milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in soup and cheese until smooth.
- Place potato sticks in greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with onion; top with cheese sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for at 350* for 55 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
This was just ok for us. I had to increase the cooking time and some of the potatoes were still a little crunchy.
this recipe was very good and easy I had to adjust the soup and cheese (used 98% lowfat soup and low-fat cheese.) We had butterfly pork chops and carrots with a small tossed salad..very nice thanks. Dancer^ Will make again.