Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This vegan potato soup is plain, but plain yummy, too. :)
- 300 g floury potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml oil
- 500 ml rice milk
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (more to taste)
- In a large pot heat the oil. Add onion, garlic and potatoes and sautee for about 2 minutes. They should get some colour.
- Add milk, reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. You might like to add a dash of nutmeg or some fresh herbs.
- With a hand-held blender puree the soup.
- If you like serve it with croutons on top.
I just love potato soup! When I was a kid, I'd use leftover mashed potatoes, milk, and dried minced onions to make me a batch for lunch! This is much tastier! LOL! I sort of judged the amount of onion by the amount of diced potatoes....the onions I have been getting are about the size of a large grapefruit! This turned out perfectly...very thick and hearty potato soup. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag.
Made this pretty much as given in the recipe, & although you didn't say anything about peeling or not peeling the potatoes, I didn't & just diced them kinda small ~ We love the flavor & nutrition the peel gives! Also seasoned it with lemon pepper & we have a very nice, easy-to-make soup for mid-day! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]