Recipe by Lalaloula
This vegan potato soup is plain, but plain yummy, too. :)
Top Review by breezermom
I just love potato soup! When I was a kid, I'd use leftover mashed potatoes, milk, and dried minced onions to make me a batch for lunch! This is much tastier! LOL! I sort of judged the amount of onion by the amount of diced potatoes....the onions I have been getting are about the size of a large grapefruit! This turned out perfectly...very thick and hearty potato soup. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag.
- 300 g floury potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 ml rice milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot heat the oil. Add onion, garlic and potatoes and sautee for about 2 minutes. They should get some colour.
- Add milk, reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. You might like to add a dash of nutmeg or some fresh herbs.
- With a hand-held blender puree the soup.
- If you like serve it with croutons on top.