1/4 Photos of Creamy Potato Soup With All the Fixings
1 hr 25 mins
This is a one-of-a-kind potato soup. Creamy soup base with a few veggies mixed in and great baked potato toppings! I will write it as I learned it but I do sub lots of light things and it is still wonderful. NOTE: THE KEY TO THE DIFFERENT TASTE IS THE GARLIC POWDER,CREAM CHEESE, VELVEETA AND THE BLEND OF VEGGIES. Please let me know how you like this and please tinker with the amounts as I have done this from memory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 -5 celery ribs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb fried cooked bacon (crisp and broken in bite size peaces)
- 4 -5 green onions with tops, topping (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, shreads topping
- 1Peel and cut up the potatoes.
- 2Cut the half carrots in half.
- 3Cut up the celery into bit size pieces.
- 4Let boil until all are tender.
- 5Drain and put all the cooked veggies back into the pot.
- 6Now add the butter, 1/2 the milk, half and half and cream cheese into the veggies.
- 7Use a mixer to make the veggies like mashed potatoes.
- 8Add rest of the milk and cream until you get the desired consistency you want the soup -- I like it a bit thick, not really thin soup.
- 9When you get it to the way your family likes it, then add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 10Taste and adjust accordingly.
- 11Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 12Now you are ready to top it with what you like.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Soup With All the Fixings
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1272.6
- Calories from Fat 652
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 212.4 mg
- Sodium 3053.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 57.8 g