Cook1 hr 30 mins
My first attempt at potato soup. Also my 1st time using leeks. I thought it came out delicious.
Make and share this Creamy Potato Soup Plus recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and thinly slice white part of leeks. (You can save the green tops for stock).
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and add leeks, sauteing about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and evaporated milk to pan, bring to a simmer over med heat.
- Wash potatoes. Leave skin on and dice.
- Add potatoes to pan and stir.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in bacon bits and serve.