Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My first attempt at potato soup. Also my 1st time using leeks. I thought it came out delicious.
- 4 leeks
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hormel real bacon bits
- Clean and thinly slice white part of leeks. (You can save the green tops for stock).
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and add leeks, sauteing about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and evaporated milk to pan, bring to a simmer over med heat.
- Wash potatoes. Leave skin on and dice.
- Add potatoes to pan and stir.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in bacon bits and serve.