A lighter version of the traditional cream of potato soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth, divided
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 20 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk, divided
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices cooked drained & crumbled turkey bacon (low-sodium)
- ground black pepper
- 1Pour 4 cups vegetable broth into large pot; add potatoes; bring to a boil and simmer until fork-tender; drain and slightly mash potatoes; reserve broth.
- 2Pour remaining 1 cup vegetable broth into medium pot; add cauliflower and onions; bring to a boil and simmer until very soft.
- 3Scoop cauliflower mixture into blender and process until smooth. Add reserved broth from cooked potatoes if necessary.
- 4Blend 1/2 cup milk with brown rice flour in a bowl with a fork; set aside. Pour pureed cauliflower and remaining 1 cup milk into medium pot. Heat until warmed through, then slowly whisk in milk/rice flour mixture.
- 5Continue whisking while heating until soup base thickens. Add reserved potatoes (and remaining broth if needed); heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Serve soup into bowls garnished with 1 Tbs. shredded cheese and 1/2 slice prepared turkey bacon.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Soup (Low-Fat/Heart-Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat vegetable broth